June 09, 2010

FAITH 21 my looooove!

I've been really into stripes lately and I'm thrilled to see that plus-size shops are jumping on the bandwagon. Too often, I hear rubish stories that big girls shouldn't wear stripes because they'll make you look bigger. Of course, you need to find a flattering width of stripe that you feel comfortable in, but you shouldn't limit your style choices to what some foolish people say. If we don't take risks with our style, only we will suffer! And that's totally unfair! We need to make the best of what God has given us, and dress ourselves to feel good.

So here are some of the striped tops from Faith21 that I'm lusting after:

I think this top is soooo adorable. The stripes aren't too thin or too thick, which doesn't give you a chunky look. And the flower and beading adds visual interest that anyone can appreciate. Pair this with a simple pair of jeans or a colorful skirt and you're all set.


This particular top is super casual and can be mixed up in a variety of ways. I'm thrilled that I added this item to my closet this week, and I can't wait to incorporate it in my wardrobe!! It will definitely be a staple in my summer rotation.
This skirt is something I think it a little different than what I would normally wear. I purchased it also on my stripe-rampage through the store and I'm not 100% sure what to wear with it. I definitely have a challenge on my hands and I'm ready to jump in :)

2 comments:

  1. oh wow- I love the skirt! We don't have Faith 21 here yet in Dubai :( Judging from how popular stripes have been on my blog roll, I think plus size girls can pull off stripes amazingly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Weesha! I think so too!

    ReplyDelete