June 17, 2010

E.L.F. Haul

So we all know about E.L.F.  The inexpensive cosmetics line that is amazing quality-wise. Their recently launched Studio line is all about luxury at low cost. I decided to see what all the fuss was about and since they are having their 50% off sale this month, I figured I'd give it a try.

So here is what I got (don't be alarmed, it's a lot):

 This is their eyeliner and shadow stick in basic which is a brown eyeliner with a beige cream shadow at the other end. This is perfect for having one tool in your bag on a trip that will give you a natural eye. Both ends are very creamy and easy to blend. They also last a long time which is ideal for anyone.

Here is my ultimate gamble of the group. This is their mineral face primer. Primers are essential if you live in humid weather and tend to sweat your makeup off (like I do). I usually buy more expensive brands like benefit's That Gal, which I loooove. I have also tried one from Garnier and another from L'Oreal. Let me tell you that out of all the expensive primers I've tried, this one holds up! And for only $6 regular price, it's an amazing deal. If you act fast, you can get it for half off during E.L.F.'s sale. The texture is creamy and smooth. It blends well and doesn't make my skin oily. So I'm definitely thrilled with this one :)


Another item I was excited about was this Eye Primer and Liner Sealer duo. On one side, you have the primer which will allow your eyeshadow to stay on longer. And on the other, you have a liner sealer, which basically means you can dip the brush into any eyeshadow you already own and make it into a liquid eyeliner! This doubles your makeup wardrobe instantly, which is worth trying! I am super pleased with this and I'll definitely be buying again.

Ahhh concealer! What would we do without something that hides a multitude of sins. And the highlighter on the other side is just a bonus goody! It totally wakes up your eye. While it's not the greatest highlighter I've tried, I was definitely impressed by the quality for the price. The slim packaging is also perfect for on the go touchups!


The Eye Transformer. Another item that makes the  most of colors you already have in your collection. These four pastel shades transform any eyeshadow you have to lighten it. This is perfect for those what-were-we-thinking purchases that don't go too well with our usual style. There are pink, green, blue and orangey-yellow shades to lighten and brighten your too-dark-for-day shadows.


Next I have two lipstains. The one on the left is First Date, a gorgeous pinky coral. And next to it is Red Carpet which is a true blue-based red, perfect for fair complexions with pink undertones. I'll admit that I was really excited about these and I was a little disappointed. Granted the colors are gorgeous but I was expecting something more along the lines of a liquid stain and the formula in these is creamy. It doesn't dry so it feels more like a lipstick and a true stain. The gloss on the other end is a regular clear gloss that I don't really like. I tend to enhance my stains with a evenly matched colored gloss to make it stand out. Overall, so-so.


So here are the blushes I got. From the top we have Peachy Keen, Candid Coral, Pinnk Passion and Mellow Mauve. All of these colors are dupes for NARS blushes and are extremely pigmented. Super blendable as well, which means you don't need much product to achieve a good look. I was amazed by the colors. I read a lot of rave review about Candid Coral, and it didn't disappoint. I also heard good things about a color called Fuschia Fusion, but since it had glitter in it, I decided against it. Pink Passion is a similar bright pink without the glitter, for a more natural flush.


Finally I got the Complexion perfection powder that supposedly tones down imperfections like redness and uneven skin tone. I swirl a powder brush over it and buff my face with it. It does an amazing job of hiding the redness near my nose. So I definitely recommend it!


So that was my extremely long haul entry. Hopefully I was able to answer questions about E.L.F.'s Studio line. If you have any questions, just drop a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment