June 09, 2010

Being a Cancer Fashionably

I was inspired by this great article on CollegeFashion about dressing for your astrological sign. While I'm a super-believer, I'll take any excuse to relate to style.

I'm a Cancer, so I'm supposedly romantic and in touch with my emotions (which I am!) and I'm moody and influenced by the moon and its cycles (which I think is pretty cool). So maybe I believe in it more than I like to admit, but I thought I'd come up with some little outfit sets from my Polyvore account.

Before I get to that, I'd like to do a little background on the wonderful sign that is Cancer. After all, we're summer babies, and who doesn't LOVE summer?

CANCER:
  1. It's the least clear-cut sign, which means people born under this sign have a range of moods that go from shy and reserved to crazy and outgoing. I must admit that I can go from one extreme to the other in a matter of seconds, so this definitely rings true for me. 
  2. Cancers are huge about family and love to spend time at home with them. I love the comforts of my home and I always feel comfortable. I'm not the kind of person who needs to go out and be crazy to have a good time. I have no problem spending a Saturday night at home. It's not the end of the world to want some time for yourself.
  3. Intuition is another important trait for Cancerians. We focus on our first impressions and when something seems amiss, it usually is. How many times have I predicted somet hings based on intuition? It's crazy what you can pick up on if you only pay attention to details around you


So that's it for the astrology lesson. It's time to get down to fashion business:


I love this outfit because it's made up of pure fantasy pieces that I'll probably never be able to own in my life. I love the little gray oxfords and I'm dying to get a pair of tap shoes like this with the cutout. I think it's such a fabulous idea! I had to add elements of romanticism for the dreamy aspect of Cancers. We like to be close to the earth, which is where the wooden bracelet came from and the purse was just pure style.



Here is my more realistically affordable look (apart from the bucket bag, we all know my obsession with Alexander Wang!). The top and the skirt are from Forever21 and I added a little romance with the patterned floral tights. Combine a little sexiness with the bandage skirt with more demure items like the bow top and you have a fun outfit! I love that the bandage skirt is totally wearable and does hide some sins.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment