June 13, 2010

50's Style Modernized

I'm in love with polka dots. Anyone who knows me knows that obsession. It's the one print I can buy over and over and never get tired of it. I think it has to do with my fascination with circles. I don't like squares or lines as much, although I've been getting into stripes. I used to have a fear of them, but now I realize that I just didn't find the right stripe for me.

With my newfound love for stripes, I decided to revisit my old polka obsession. The polka dot is demure yet sexy as hell and there are so many choices in size and color of print that it's impossible not to find something you will like. I love this print for summer because you can really go all out with crazy colors.


This dress from Faith21 is absolutely stunning and extremely summery. It feels so festive and fun that I want to wear it for a party or barbecue. I also love the little yellow cardigan the model is wearing! This makes it even more fun. I'm all for mixing up crazy colors. Just yesterday, I wore an orange jersey top with a purple tank underneath. Let me tell you that the contrast was gorgeous and my friends commented on the combination.



I'm sorry for the quality of this photo but I couldn't find a decent one online. I bought this dress from MXM about 3 years ago, and let me tell you that I've worn it to death. It's so versatile and the muted colors make it easy to dress up or down. I've worn this dress everywhere: work, parties, Christmas dinner! It's a lightweight fabric with a self-tie belt and the length is just above the knee. We big girls shouldn't have to hide our legs! I suggest findind a dress like this that is easy to switch up. Although you probably won't be able to find this one anymore, they have replicas of this style every year in many different brands and shops. The key is finding one you're comfortable in.

What's your favorite print? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment